Prompt: Today is my son’s birthday so I thought I’d write a blog about him. Top five stories of Gavin.
1. I remember when I first found out I was pregnant for Gavin. I was only 19 at the time, and I was so scared to be having a baby. I remember thinking that from now on I would be a mother. It was only after I held him in my arms for the very first time that I actually understood what that meant and that I would always forever after that would be a mother first.
2. I was in labor for Gavin for about 18 hours, btu it wasn’t hard labor. I had a few contractions but nothing too bad. Then they decided I would ahve to have a C-section. The cord had wrapped around his neck twice and when he finally did enter the world he was so blue and they barely let me see him. When they finally did…I just find it amazign how instantly you love them. Like nothing in the world even matters anymore and you realize exactly what you were born to do.
3. When Gavin was about six months old, he swallowed a quarter. I had to call 911 because he quit breathing and so did I. It is a good thing my friend Star was there, she jammed her fingers right down his thraot and pulled that quarter out. I barely let him on the floor after that. No wonder he didn’t walk until he was almost a year and a half.
4. When Gavin was four we lived in an apartment that also housed these huge black spiders. I went to give him a bath and didn’t realize one such monster was already in there. The thing tried to swim. It was traumatizing. Gavin freaked out and refused to go in that bathroom ever again. He would go outside and pee off the front porch and took baths at my dads.
5. Right after Arabelle was born, I had driven over to my moms to grab something. I left both kids in their carseat while I ran in for just a minute. Gavin crawled over the seat and put the car into drive. (I know, I can’t believe I left in running either) He drove that car right into the front of my mom’s house. Luckily, noone was injured!