Prompt 7: Electricity is a recent discovery. Think of 12 things to do when there’s no power.
1. Write. You don’t need electricity to write. I love to write on notebook and paper. There is no better feeling than having an empty notebook and then filling it with words.
2. Make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. You have to eat right?
3. Go outside and play. I am not much of an outdoors person, and for sure this is only if it is nice out. You could go on and on with this one. I.E. park, swimming, go to the beach..blah, blah, blah.
4. Go to the library. I love the library.
5. Read a book. Nothing like curling up with a good book. And you could just pretend you are watching a movie!
6. Actually visit a friend. Not texting or calling, but actually going to your friend’s house and talking to her face to face.
7. Sleep. You don’t need any electricity to sleep. Unless it is hot, then you need a fan.
8. Play a board game. Gather the kids and play Uno.
9. Color. Even though it is technically for kids, I love to color.
10. Crochet. I don’t know how to crochet but I have always wanted to learn how. There is a lady at the nursing home that said she would teach me, but after the huge list of things I needed, I put it on hold.
11. Count the tiles on the dining room floor. Admit tingly, this doesn’t sound fun, but it did just say things you could do without electricity…not what you would have fun doing.
12. Write a poem. Nice and simple.